Planning- Costume and makeup

Considering my short film will be set at one continuous location I have decided it would be more realistic to have all of my characters in naturalistic clothing, this decision was made to make my film fit in with my naturalistic style. My main character will be wearing casual clothing, such as jeans, a black t-shirt and perhaps a jumper at some points. I think it would be effective to have an item of clothing in a bright colour to juxtapose the mise-en-scene to the overall message and actions within the film.   The makeup will also be naturalistic as this is a realistic short film. As well as this, it's important to have the makeup suitable for harsh lighting as this is something which I aspire to use within my short film, therefore the makeup has to still look natural under these lights, therefore, I will have to bear this in mind when deciding which make up the main character can wear.

For the stranger, they will only ever be seen from the legs. therefore I have decided to dress them in normal denim jeans and large boots to present how they could be a regular person, ultimately adding to the idea of not understanding the dangers of the internet as it could be anyone and it could happen to anyone. Makeup is not a necessity as their face will never be seen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluative Analysis

Forms and conventions

Researching into existing student made short films