short film rough cut

Short film rough cut:


So far I have produced a 19-second rough cut using my desired props and location. This first rough cut was useful as I was able to see which location worked well and what props I wanted to use. The music layered over the top is not going to be the music I will be using in my final cut as I want something a bit more unusual and not so cliché. I also used this rough cut to see how certain camera angles which I had planned to use looked on the screen, for example:





This rough cut has made me contemplate the actor I want to use, as during the making of this rough cut I found it difficult to direct my actor as what I had in mind was different to what my actor had in their mind, therefore creating issues and making the whole process end up taking longer than I had expected it to especially as I only had to film a few shots. Therefore when filming the whole thing I think it would be more effective if I was to act in it as I know clearly what I want which will enable me to produce a piece of work that I am 100% happy with and know that I have done everything I can do to make this a successful short film.

Overall I am happy with how this rough cut went as I wanted this to show me what shots and angles worked well, as well as deciding what actor I wanted to use. Even though my rough cut is no where near the same length as what the final cut should be, it helped give me an insight into what making the short film will be like as well as showing me what worked and what did not. I think the thing I will take away from the making of this rough cut is that the camera shots and angles as well as seeing what elements of mise-en-scene I could use.







































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluative Analysis

Forms and conventions

Researching into existing student made short films